Zucchini Patties – Crispy and Flavorful Veggie Delight
Zucchini Patties are a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy the abundance of summer zucchinis. These crispy and flavorful patties are packed with the goodness of fresh vegetables and can be served as a side dish, appetizer, or even a light meal. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through creating these golden brown zucchini patties that are sure to please your taste buds.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium-sized zucchinis)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- Grate and Drain the Zucchini:
- Grate the zucchinis using the coarse side of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss to combine and let it sit for about 10 minutes. This will help draw out excess moisture from the zucchini.
- After 10 minutes, use your hands to squeeze the grated zucchini to remove as much liquid as possible. You can also place the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out the liquid.
- Prepare the Zucchini Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated and drained zucchini, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley, minced garlic, and black pepper. Mix everything together.
- Beat the two large eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the zucchini mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined. The mixture should hold together when pressed.
- Shape the Zucchini Patties:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating, shape the zucchini mixture into small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Pan-Fry the Zucchini Patties:
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the zucchini patties in the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy. You may need to do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
- Use a spatula to gently flip the zucchini patties when the first side is browned.
- Remove the zucchini patties from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the zucchini patties hot as a side dish or a delightful appetizer. They can be enjoyed on their own or with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Variations: Get creative by adding grated carrots, finely chopped onions, or your favorite herbs and spices to the zucchini mixture for extra flavor and flair.
- Dipping Sauce: Zucchini patties pair wonderfully with various dipping sauces, such as tzatziki, yogurt-based sauces, or a simple aioli.
Zucchini Patties are a fantastic way to savor the fresh flavors of zucchini. Whether you serve them as a side dish, appetizer, or snack, these crispy and flavorful patties are a hit. Enjoy the simplicity and deliciousness of this zucchini recipe!