If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal that has stood the test of time, then you need to try this Hamburger Casserole recipe. Passed down for generations, this 100-year-old recipe is the epitome of comfort food. It’s hearty, flavorful, and perfect for those cozy nights in.
What makes this Hamburger Casserole recipe so special is its simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients, you can create a meal that will satisfy everyone at the table. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and easy to make, which is always a bonus.
This Hamburger Casserole recipe features ground beef cooked in a savory tomato sauce and layered with tender egg noodles and melted cheese. It’s a one-pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something quick and filling.
Whether you’re cooking for a family or just looking for a meal that will warm you up on a chilly evening, this Hamburger Casserole recipe is sure to become a favorite. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why this recipe has been passed down for over 100 years?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the tomato soup, corn, uncooked macaroni, water, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Mix everything together well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Hamburger Casserole is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a weekend potluck. It’s also a great dish to make ahead and freeze for later. Serve it with a side salad or some garlic bread for a complete meal.
If you’re looking to mix things up, you could also try adding some diced bell peppers or mushrooms to the skillet with the ground beef. Or, if you prefer a spicier dish, you could add some chili powder or cumin to the mixture.
Overall, this Hamburger Casserole is a classic recipe that’s sure to become a family favorite. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Sure! Here are some tips for making a delicious Hamburger Casserole:
- Use good quality beef: The beef is the star of this dish, so use a good quality beef that is lean and flavorful.
- Add extra veggies: You can add extra vegetables to this casserole to make it healthier and more colorful. Try adding some diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini.
- Cook the noodles al dente: Be sure to cook the noodles until they are al dente, or just tender. Overcooked noodles can turn mushy and make the casserole too soft.
- Season well: Don’t skimp on the seasoning! The beef mixture should be well seasoned with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like. This will ensure the casserole has plenty of flavor.
- Top with cheese: Adding cheese on top of the casserole is optional, but highly recommended! A layer of melted cheese on top will make the casserole extra delicious.