Are you looking for a quick and easy biscuit recipe? Look no further than these 2 Ingredient Biscuits! With just two simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can have delicious and fluffy biscuits on the table in no time. These biscuits are perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or a weeknight dinner, and they’re so easy to make that even beginner bakers can whip them up with ease.
These biscuits are made with just self-rising flour and heavy cream, so they’re perfect for those times when you don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand or you just don’t feel like making a trip to the grocery store. The heavy cream gives the biscuits a rich, buttery flavor and helps to make them extra fluffy and tender.
To make these biscuits, simply mix together the self-rising flour and heavy cream until a dough forms. Then, use a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass to cut out the biscuits, and bake them in the oven until they’re golden brown and delicious. Serve them warm with butter, jam, honey, or your favorite breakfast spread, and enjoy the simple pleasure of a freshly baked biscuit.
So next time you’re in need of a quick and easy biscuit recipe, give these 2 Ingredient Biscuits a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Here’s the recipe for 2 Ingredient Biscuits:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a mixing bowl, add the self-rising flour and heavy cream. Mix them together with a fork until they form a soft, sticky dough.
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour onto a clean surface and knead the dough gently for a minute or two.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a rectangle that’s about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits from the dough and place them onto a baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with a little bit of milk or melted butter.
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Make sure not to overwork the dough when kneading it. This can cause the biscuits to become tough and chewy.
- For extra flavor, try adding a pinch of salt or some grated cheese to the dough.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use whole milk or half-and-half instead, but the biscuits may not be as fluffy and tender.
here are some more tips for making the perfect 2-ingredient biscuits:
- To make the biscuits fluffier, try adding a teaspoon of baking powder to the mix. This will help them rise more and give them a lighter texture.
- If you prefer your biscuits to be a bit sweeter, you can add a tablespoon of sugar to the mix.
- Don’t overwork the dough. Handling it too much will cause the biscuits to become tough and dense. Mix the ingredients just until the dough comes together, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat it into a circle.
- Use a sharp biscuit cutter to cut the dough. This will help the biscuits rise properly and give them a nice, even shape. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, you can use a drinking glass with a straight edge.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter before baking. This will give them a beautiful golden-brown color and a rich, buttery flavor.
- Serve your biscuits warm with butter, jam, honey, or any other toppings you like. They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish for dinner.
In conclusion, 2-ingredient biscuits are a quick and easy way to make delicious homemade biscuits without any fuss. With just flour and cream, you can whip up a batch in no time and enjoy them warm from the oven. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!