There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through the kitchen to evoke feelings of warmth and comfort. In this recipe, we’re going to show you how to make irresistibly delicious chocolate chip cookies that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re craving a sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert to share with friends and family, these cookies are sure to hit the spot. So preheat your oven and let’s get baking!
- 100g butter
- 175g sugar
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 200g flour
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar: In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the Egg: Beat in the egg until well combined, then add the vanilla essence and salt.
- Incorporate the Flour: Gradually add the flour to the mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms. If the dough seems too dry, you can add a splash of milk to help bring it together.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips: Gently fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Shape the Cookies: Using a spoon or cookie scoop, portion the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Bake: Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
Cook Notes and Variations:
- Chilling the Dough: For extra thick and chewy cookies, chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Mix-ins: Get creative with your add-ins! Try adding chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even a sprinkle of sea salt for a gourmet touch.
- Double Batch: This recipe can easily be doubled if you need to make a larger quantity of cookies. Simply double the ingredients and adjust the baking time as needed.
Keto Versions and Low Carb Versions:
- Butter Substitute: Use coconut oil or ghee instead of butter for a keto-friendly option.
- Sugar Substitute: Replace the sugar with a keto-friendly sweetener such as erythritol or stevia.
Low Carb Version:
- Almond Flour: Substitute almond flour for the all-purpose flour to reduce the carb content of the cookies.
- Sugar Reduction: Use a sugar substitute or reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe to make low-carb cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar?
Yes, you can substitute brown sugar for granulated sugar if you prefer. Brown sugar will add a slightly richer flavor and chewier texture to the cookies.
2. How do I store leftover cookies?
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookies for longer storage – just be sure to thaw them before serving.
3. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Simply portion the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until firm, then transfer the dough balls to a resealable plastic bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
With their golden-brown exteriors, gooey chocolate centers, and irresistible aroma, these homemade chocolate chip cookies are sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion or just to satisfy a sweet craving, these cookies are guaranteed to delight your taste buds. So why wait? Gather your ingredients and start baking up a batch of these heavenly treats today!