Banana Split Pie is a fun and delicious dessert that combines all the flavors of a classic banana split into a creamy, decadent pie. This recipe is perfect for summer gatherings or anytime you want a sweet treat that’s sure to impress.
To make this Banana Split Pie, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- Whipped cream and chopped nuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the graham cracker crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the sliced bananas, strawberries, and crushed pineapple until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust and spread it out evenly.
- Drizzle the warmed hot fudge sauce over the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or until it is set.
- When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and chopped nuts.
Tips for Success:
- Make sure to let the cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will ensure that it blends smoothly and avoids lumps in the filling.
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor and texture. They should be soft and slightly sweet.
- You can substitute any other fruit for the strawberries, such as raspberries or blueberries, depending on your preferences.
- For a more indulgent dessert, use homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought.
In conclusion, Banana Split Pie is a delicious and easy dessert that will impress your friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic prep, you can whip up this sweet treat in no time. So next time you’re looking for a dessert that’s both fun and delicious, give this Banana Split Pie a try – you won’t regret it!
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is customizable. You can add or remove any toppings you like to make it your own. For example, if you don’t like pineapple, you can omit it from the recipe. If you prefer more chocolate, you can add more chocolate syrup or even chocolate chips. And if you want to make it a little healthier, you can add some sliced fresh fruit on top instead of whipped cream.
One thing to keep in mind is that this pie should be kept refrigerated until ready to serve. It’s best to make it a few hours ahead of time and chill it in the fridge until it’s time to eat. You can also make it a day in advance if you want to save some time. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.
In conclusion, this Banana Split Pie is a fun and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make, requires no baking, and is sure to impress your guests. So the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, give this recipe a try!