If you’re looking for a fun and refreshing treat to cool off on a hot summer day, look no further than these banana pudding popsicles. Combining the classic flavors of banana pudding with the icy texture of a popsicle, this dessert is perfect for both kids and adults. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to making banana pudding popsicles, complete with all the necessary ingredients and cooking instructions.
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Popsicles:
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups of cold milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
Instructions for Banana Pudding Popsicles:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and cold milk until well combined.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and crushed vanilla wafers until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whipped cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Gradually add the whipped cream mixture to the banana pudding mixture, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about 1/4 inch of space at the top of each mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks into each mold and freeze the popsicles for at least 6 hours or until completely frozen.
- To remove the popsicles from the molds, run them under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them.
- Serve the popsicles immediately and enjoy the creamy, banana goodness!
Variations for Banana Pudding Popsicles:
- For a more intense banana flavor, add an extra mashed banana to the pudding mixture.
- You can also try using different types of cookies, such as graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookies, for a different flavor and texture.
- To make the popsicles even creamier, use heavy cream instead of whipped cream.
- For a healthier version, you can use almond milk or coconut milk instead of whole milk and skip the whipped cream.
- You can also add some chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the pudding mixture for some extra crunch.
- For a twist on the classic recipe, you can add some chocolate chips or cocoa powder to the mixture for a chocolate-banana flavor.
Banana pudding popsicles are a fun and easy way to enjoy the classic dessert in a refreshing new way. By following the step-by-step instructions and using the ingredients provided, you’ll have everything you need to make these popsicles a success. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
Here are a few additional tips and tricks to help you make the perfect banana pudding popsicles:
- To make sure the popsicles freeze evenly and without any air pockets, tap the molds gently on a flat surface a few times after pouring in the mixture.
- If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use paper cups or even ice cube trays instead. Just insert a popsicle stick or toothpick into the mixture before freezing.
- To make the popsicles even more festive, you can add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture. Try yellow for a banana-like color or blue for a fun twist.
- If you want to add an extra layer of texture to your popsicles, you can sprinkle some extra crushed vanilla wafers or chopped nuts onto the bottom of each mold before pouring in the mixture.
- If you’re short on time, you can use instant banana pudding mix instead of the vanilla pudding mix and mashed bananas.
- To make the popsicles even more decadent, you can dip them in melted chocolate or caramel sauce before serving.
- To store the popsicles for later, place them in a resealable plastic bag or wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make banana pudding popsicles that are both delicious and visually appealing. With their creamy texture and sweet banana flavor, these popsicles are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. So get out your popsicle molds and start making some banana pudding popsicles today!