Banana pudding is a classic dessert loved by many. The creamy vanilla pudding, fresh bananas, and sweet whipped cream combine to create a deliciously satisfying treat. But have you ever tried banana pudding cupcakes? These tasty cupcakes are a twist on the classic dessert, combining the flavors of banana pudding with a fluffy cupcake. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to making banana pudding cupcakes, complete with all the necessary ingredients and cooking instructions.
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Cupcakes:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of milk
For the filling:
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups of cold milk
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
For the topping:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Instructions for Banana Pudding Cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the mashed bananas until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Instructions for Banana Pudding Filling:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and cold milk until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a small paring knife to cut a small cone-shaped piece out of the center of each cupcake.
- Fill each hole with a slice of banana and a spoonful of the prepared pudding mixture.
Instructions for Whipped Cream Topping:
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top of each cupcake, covering the pudding filling.
- Optionally, garnish each cupcake with a slice of banana or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These banana pudding cupcakes are best served chilled. Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve and enjoy the creamy, banana goodness!
Banana pudding cupcakes are a fun and delicious twist on the classic dessert. By following the step-by-step instructions and using the ingredients provided, you’ll have everything you need to make these cupcakes a success. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
Here are a few additional tips and variations to make your banana pudding cupcakes even more delicious:
- For a stronger banana flavor, add an extra mashed banana to the cupcake batter.
- If you prefer a lighter cupcake, you can substitute 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour with cake flour.
- You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the cupcake batter for some extra spice.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a spoon to dollop the whipped cream on top of the cupcakes.
- For a twist on the traditional vanilla pudding filling, you can use banana-flavored pudding mix instead.
- If you want to save time, you can use store-bought vanilla pudding instead of making your own.
- To make mini banana pudding cupcakes, use a mini muffin tin and adjust the baking time accordingly.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try adding some chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the filling for some extra crunch.
- To make the cupcakes look even more impressive, top them with a slice of fresh banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon or crushed vanilla wafer cookies.