Do you love tacos but hate all the prep work that comes with making them? Well, you’re in luck! Crockpot chicken tacos are the perfect solution for a quick and easy meal without sacrificing flavor. All you need is a crockpot and a few simple ingredients, and you can have a delicious dinner waiting for you when you get home. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of making crockpot chicken tacos, so you can enjoy this delicious dish with minimal effort.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice (shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, etc.)
- Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes with green chilies, chopped onion, chopped red and green bell pepper, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the crockpot.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through and tender, use two forks to shred it in the crockpot.
- Serve the chicken in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy your delicious and easy crockpot chicken tacos.
- If you prefer a spicier taco, add some chopped jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce to the crockpot.
- You can also use a can of black beans or corn for added texture and flavor.
- If you don’t have taco seasoning, you can make your own by mixing together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination. Some great options include shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, avocado, and lime juice.
More tips :
- If you want to save time in the morning, you can mix the taco seasoning with the can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth, and salsa the night before and refrigerate it until you’re ready to dump everything in the crockpot.
- You can use any type of salsa you prefer. If you like spicy food, try using a spicy salsa. If you prefer mild food, use a mild salsa.
- If you have leftovers, you can store the shredded chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos are an easy and delicious way to make tacos without all the hassle. With just a few ingredients and a crockpot, you can have a delicious meal waiting for you when you come home. These tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or for a party. You can customize the toppings to your liking and make them as spicy or mild as you prefer. Give this recipe a try and see how easy it is to make delicious tacos with just a crockpot!