Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure filled with sweet, juicy strawberries and the velvety richness of pound cake. Our Strawberry Pound Cake recipe is a tantalizing treat that will transport you to a realm of delightful bliss. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or simply craving a decadent dessert, this recipe is sure to impress. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of this classic favorite.
For the Cake:
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup whole milk
For the Strawberry Sauce:
– 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
– Fresh strawberries, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan by greasing it lightly.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While the pound cake is baking, prepare the strawberry sauce. In a saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries soften and release their juices. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
9. Once the pound cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. While the cake is cooling, prepare the whipped cream topping. In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
11. Once the pound cake has cooled, slice it into thick, luscious slices.
12. To serve, spoon a generous amount of the strawberry sauce over each slice. Top with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Tips for Success:
– Ensure that the butter is softened to room temperature for a smooth and creamy texture in the pound cake.
– Use fresh, ripe strawberries for the best flavor in the sauce. Frozen strawberries can be used as a substitute when fresh ones are not available.
– Don’t overmix the batter. Mixing until just combined will result in a tender and moist pound cake.
– Let the pound cake cool completely before slicing to ensure clean and neat slices.
– For added texture, fold in ½ cup of chopped strawberries into the pound cake batter before baking.
– Experiment with different fruit sauces, such as blueberry or raspberry, to create a variety of flavors.
– Serve the pound cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful twist.
Indulge your senses in the delightful bliss of our Strawberry Pound Cake recipe. With its moist and tender crumb, the heavenly combination of sweet strawberries, and the fluffy whipped cream topping, this dessert is a true showstopper. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself, this recipe is guaranteed to impress. So, savor each bite and allow the flavors to transport you to a realm of pure delight. Get ready to create unforgettable moments with this sensational dessert that will leave you craving more.