Are you craving a comfort food that’s quick, easy, and satisfying? Look no further than this Simple Creamy Mac & Cheese recipe! With just three ingredients and one pot, you can have a delicious and creamy mac & cheese that’s perfect for any weeknight dinner or lunch.
This recipe is perfect for busy days when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, or when you just need a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. Plus, it’s made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, making it a budget-friendly option.
What’s even better is that this mac & cheese is made on the stove top, so you don’t have to worry about turning on your oven or dirtying multiple pots and pans. The creamy sauce is made with just milk and cheese, making it a healthier option than many pre-packaged mac & cheese brands.
So, if you’re ready to indulge in some creamy and comforting mac & cheese, let’s get started with this Simple Creamy Mac & Cheese recipe!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the whole milk to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Gradually stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the pot and stir to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Use a good quality cheddar cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- For extra creaminess, you can add a splash of heavy cream or sour cream to the cheese sauce.
- To make this dish even more decadent, try adding crispy bacon or diced ham to the mac and cheese before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, add a splash of milk or cream and heat gently on the stove top, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- To make this recipe even more indulgent, consider adding some extra ingredients to the mix. Bacon bits, cooked diced ham, or even sliced hot dogs can all be great additions to mac & cheese. You can also add some diced onions or garlic to the butter before adding the flour for some extra flavor. And for a bit of crunch, try topping your mac & cheese with breadcrumbs or crushed crackers before baking.
- If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, you can even experiment with different types of cheese. Cheddar is the classic choice for mac & cheese, but you can also try mixing in some Gouda, Parmesan, or even blue cheese for a more complex flavor. Just be sure to adjust the amount of cheese and milk accordingly so that your mac & cheese doesn’t become too dry or too runny.
- When it comes to reheating leftovers, the key is to add a bit of milk or cream before microwaving. This will help to rehydrate the pasta and cheese, making it creamy and delicious once again. Alternatively, you can reheat your mac & cheese in a pot on the stove, adding a splash of milk and stirring constantly until it’s heated through.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment and make this recipe your own. Whether you add some extra ingredients, swap out the cheese, or adjust the cooking time and temperature, there are plenty of ways to customize this simple mac & cheese recipe to suit your taste. So go ahead and get creative in the kitchen – you never know what delicious new dish you might discover!