Pecan Pie Bars Recipe: All the Flavor, None of the Fuss
Pecan Pie Bars offer all the deliciousness of a classic pecan pie but in a convenient bar form. These sweet and nutty treats are perfect for holiday gatherings, potlucks, or whenever you’re craving the comforting taste of pecan pie without the need for a fork. With a buttery shortbread crust and a gooey pecan filling, these bars are sure to become a favorite dessert in your repertoire.
For the Shortbread Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Pecan Filling:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prepare the Shortbread Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cubed cold butter, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to blend the ingredients together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan to form the crust. Use the back of a spoon or your hands to compact it.
Bake the Crust: 5. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake the crust for 15-18 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden. Remove it from the oven and set it aside.
Prepare the Pecan Filling: 6. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the unsalted butter.
- Stir in the packed brown sugar and light corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is boiling, let it cook for 1-2 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the pecan halves, vanilla extract, and salt.
Assemble and Bake: 10. Pour the pecan filling evenly over the baked shortbread crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the pecan filling is set and no longer jiggles when gently shaken.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. This allows the bars to set.
Slice and Serve: 13. Once the bars have cooled, use a sharp knife to slice them into squares or rectangles.
- Serve the Pecan Pie Bars on a platter and enjoy!
- You can customize these bars by adding a sprinkle of chocolate chips on top of the pecan filling before baking for a delightful twist.
- To make it easier to remove the bars from the pan, line it with parchment paper so you can lift them out after cooling.
- These bars are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, but you can also refrigerate them for longer storage.
- Pecan Pie Bars make a wonderful gift during the holiday season or for special occasions. Package them in a decorative tin or box for a thoughtful present.
Pecan Pie Bars capture the essence of pecan pie in a convenient and finger-friendly form. With a buttery shortbread crust and a gooey pecan filling, these bars are a delightful treat for any occasion. Follow this recipe, create your own batch of Pecan Pie Bars, and savor the sweet and nutty goodness with every bite.