Peach dump cake is a classic dessert that’s easy to make and perfect for summer gatherings. With only four ingredients, it’s a quick and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here’s how to make it.
- 2 cans (15.25 oz each) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour both cans of sliced peaches, including the syrup, into the bottom of the baking dish and spread them out evenly.
- Sprinkle the entire box of yellow cake mix over the top of the peaches.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, making sure to cover as much of it as possible.
- Sprinkle the ground cinnamon over the top of the butter.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
- Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
And that’s it! Your peach dump cake is now ready to enjoy. Here are some additional tips and variations to consider.
- For an extra crispy topping, try adding chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to the cake mix before baking.
- Serve your peach dump cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a classic summer treat.
- If you prefer a sweeter dessert, try adding a can of crushed pineapple to the peaches before adding the cake mix.
- If you’re short on time, you can use canned pie filling instead of sliced peaches for a quick and easy variation.
- Cherry Dump Cake: Use a can of cherry pie filling instead of sliced peaches and add a teaspoon of almond extract to the melted butter before pouring it over the cake mix.
- Blueberry Dump Cake: Use a can of blueberry pie filling instead of sliced peaches and sprinkle a tablespoon of lemon juice over the fruit before adding the cake mix.
- Pineapple Upside-Down Dump Cake: Use a can of crushed pineapple, drained, instead of sliced peaches and arrange canned pineapple rings over the top of the cake mix before adding the melted butter and cinnamon.
- If you want a more homemade taste, you can use fresh peaches instead of canned. Simply peel and slice 5-6 medium peaches and spread them evenly in the baking dish.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free yellow cake mix instead of regular cake mix.
- You can also try experimenting with different cake mix flavors, such as chocolate or spice, to add variety to your dump cake.
- If you’re looking for a healthier version, you can use sugar-free canned peaches and a sugar-free cake mix.
- To make this dessert more festive for the holidays, try adding a sprinkling of red and green sugar crystals on top before baking.
- For a crunchy twist, add some crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers to the cake mix before pouring the melted butter over it.
- To make the cake more gooey, pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake mix before adding the melted butter.
- If you’re serving a large crowd, you can double the recipe and bake it in a larger baking dish. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- You can also try making individual servings by baking the cake mix in muffin tins with cupcake liners. This is a great option for parties or potlucks.
In conclusion, Peach Dump Cake is a simple yet delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With only four ingredients and minimal prep time, it’s a great option for busy weeknights or last-minute get-togethers. The sweet and juicy peaches, combined with the warm and buttery cake mix, create a flavor explosion that is sure to please everyone’s taste buds.
By using the tips and variations mentioned above, you can easily customize this recipe to suit your preferences and add your own personal touch. Whether you prefer a gluten-free or sugar-free version, a more homemade taste, or a crunchy or gooey texture, there are plenty of ways to make this dessert your own.
Additionally, Peach Dump Cake is a great recipe to make with kids, as they can help with pouring and spreading the ingredients. It’s also a great recipe to make ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer for a quick and easy dessert when you’re short on time.
Overall, Peach Dump Cake is a classic dessert that is sure to become a family favorite. It’s easy to make, delicious, and versatile, making it the perfect go-to dessert for any occasion.