Fluffy Delights in Minutes: Easy Oven Pancakes for a Hassle-Free Breakfast
A scrumptious pancake breakfast is a cherished morning tradition for many, but the thought of flipping pancakes individually can be daunting, especially for larger gatherings. Enter the Easy Oven Pancakes! These delightful breakfast treats let you enjoy the same flavors you love without the fuss. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through creating these fluffy and fuss-free Oven Pancakes, perfect for both busy weekday mornings and leisurely weekend brunches. Say goodbye to the griddle and hello to an easier way to enjoy pancakes!
To prepare these Easy Oven Pancakes, gather the following ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk (whole milk, skim, or non-dairy alternatives like almond or coconut milk)
2 tablespoons melted butter (or a dairy-free substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray or extra melted butter for greasing the pan
1. Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a 9×13-inch baking dish or a similar-sized ovenproof dish inside the oven while it’s preheating.
2. Mixing the Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Ensure that the ingredients are well combined.
3. Preparing the Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, beat the eggs until they are slightly frothy. Then, add in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until it’s well-blended.
4. Combining Wet and Dry Ingredients: Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Gently stir the mixture, being careful not to overmix. A few lumps are perfectly fine.
5. Greasing the Baking Dish: Carefully remove the preheated baking dish from the oven. Grease it generously with cooking spray or melted butter, ensuring an even coating.
6. Pouring the Batter: Pour the pancake batter into the hot, greased baking dish. The heat from the dish will help the pancakes start cooking immediately.
7. Baking the Pancakes: Place the dish back into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the pancakes are puffed, golden brown, and cooked through. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so keep an eye on them.
8. Serving Your Pancakes: Once the Oven Pancakes are done, remove them from the oven. You can slice them into squares or rectangles and serve hot. Top with your favorite pancake toppings like maple syrup, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
It’s important not to overmix the batter; a few lumps are normal and result in fluffier pancakes.
Be sure to use a baking dish that is ovenproof, and don’t skip the preheating step as it helps create a crispy, golden crust on the pancakes.
Add blueberries, chocolate chips, or diced bananas to the batter for a burst of flavor.
For a cinnamon twist, mix ground cinnamon into the batter.
Experiment with savory toppings like grated cheese, diced ham, or sautéed vegetables for a different flavor profile.
Keto Version To make Keto Oven Pancakes, replace all-purpose flour with almond flour or coconut flour. Swap out granulated sugar with a keto-approved sweetener such as erythritol or stevia. Use almond milk or coconut milk for the dairy-free version. Instead of regular butter, opt for a keto-friendly fat like ghee or coconut oil. With these adjustments, you can enjoy low-carb, keto-friendly Oven Pancakes that won’t compromise your diet.
Low-Carb Version For a low-carb twist on Oven Pancakes, use a mix of almond flour and coconut flour in place of all-purpose flour. Sweeten with a low-carb sweetener of your choice. Select a low-carb milk like almond milk or coconut milk to replace regular milk. For the butter, choose a low-carb substitute. These adaptations will result in delicious low-carb Oven Pancakes suitable for your dietary preferences.
Easy Oven Pancakes offer a convenient and delicious way to enjoy the classic pancake experience without the hassle of flipping individual cakes. Whether you’re whipping up a quick weekday breakfast or hosting a weekend brunch, these fluffy delights are sure to satisfy. Try the original recipe or make it keto or low-carb to accommodate different dietary needs. Say goodbye to the griddle and hello to pancake perfection from the oven!