Introduction-Overview of Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna:
If you are a fan of lasagna but do not have the time or the energy to make it the traditional way, then slow cooker ravioli lasagna is the perfect recipe for you. This easy and delicious recipe takes all the ingredients of a traditional lasagna and combines them into a slow cooker-friendly version. This means that all you have to do is layer the ingredients and let your slow cooker do the rest. The result is a cheesy and comforting dish that is perfect for any day of the week.
Ingredients Needed for the Recipe:
- 1 pound of ground beef or Italian sausage (optional)
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 package of refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
Step by Step Instructions on How to Assemble and Cook Your Lasagne:
- If using ground beef or Italian sausage, brown it in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Pour one jar of marinara sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the cheese ravioli on top of the sauce, making sure they cover the entire bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese on top of the ravioli.
- Add half of the cooked ground beef or sausage (if using) on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese over the beef or sausage.
- Pour the second jar of marinara sauce over the cheese and meat layers.
- Repeat the layers of ravioli, ricotta cheese, beef or sausage, and cheeses.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the noodles are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once finished, let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cheesy Lasagne Every Time:
- If you want to make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the ground beef or Italian sausage.
- For a creamier lasagna, mix an egg into the ricotta cheese before layering it on top of the ravioli.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking together, spray them with cooking spray before layering them in the slow cooker.
- If you prefer a spicier lasagna, add crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce or beef mixture.
- To make a delicious cheese sauce, mix together 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of flour, and 2 cups of milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture thickens, add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Pour the cheese sauce over the lasagna layers before cooking.
Recommended Toppings for Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagne and Serving Suggestions:
- Top the lasagna with fresh basil or parsley for a pop of color and flavor.
- Serve with a side salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.