Welcome to today’s blog post recipe for Cookie Dough Overnight Oats! If you’ve ever found yourself craving cookie dough for breakfast, this recipe is the perfect solution. Not only is it creamy and sweet, but it’s also packed with protein and fiber, making it a healthy and satisfying way to start your day. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your taste preferences, so let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, honey, almond butter, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve the oats cold or warm, as desired.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more almond milk in the morning.
- You can also add sliced bananas, berries, or other fruits on top for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Experiment with different nut butters or toppings to switch things up.
here are some tips for making the best Cookie Dough Overnight Oats:
- Use old-fashioned oats: Quick oats or instant oats can become too mushy when soaked in liquid for too long, but old-fashioned oats maintain their texture better.
- Mix the ingredients well: Be sure to mix all the ingredients together thoroughly to ensure an even distribution of flavors and ingredients.
- Let it sit overnight: Overnight oats are meant to be prepared the night before, allowing the oats to absorb the liquid and become soft and creamy. However, you can also make this recipe at least 4 hours ahead of time.
- Customize with toppings: Feel free to add your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or seeds, for extra flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different nut butters: If you’re not a fan of almond butter, you can try using peanut butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter of your choice.
- Adjust the sweetness: If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add more honey or maple syrup. Alternatively, you can reduce the amount of sweetener if you prefer less sweetness.
here are some more details about this recipe for Cookie Dough Overnight Oats:
- This recipe makes one serving, so adjust the ingredients accordingly if you want to make more.
- Almond milk is used in this recipe, but you can use any milk of your choice.
- Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture and also boosts the protein content of the oats.
- Honey is used as a natural sweetener, but you can also use maple syrup, agave, or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Almond butter gives the oats a nutty flavor and also adds healthy fats.
- Chocolate chips are added to give the oats a cookie dough flavor, but you can also omit them if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract and a pinch of salt enhance the overall flavor of the oats.
- Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, be sure to refrigerate the oats for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow them to soften and absorb the liquid.
Overall, this recipe is a healthier and more nutritious version of a classic cookie dough flavor. The oats are high in fiber and protein, and the natural sweeteners and almond butter provide healthy fats and carbohydrates to fuel your morning. Plus, with the addition of chocolate chips and any other toppings of your choice, this breakfast is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Cookie Dough Overnight Oats, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings and flavors!