To make these tarts, you’ll need a few basic ingredients, such as chocolate chips, heavy cream, butter, and caramel sauce. The crust is made with a mixture of graham cracker crumbs and butter, and the filling is a mixture of melted chocolate and caramel sauce.
One of the keys to making these tarts really stand out is the salt. By sprinkling a little bit of sea salt on top of the caramel layer, you’ll create a delicious sweet and salty flavor combination that’s simply irresistible.
When it comes to serving these tarts, there are a few options. You can serve them chilled or at room temperature, depending on your preference. And if you’re feeling fancy, you can even add a dollop of whipped cream on top, or sprinkle some chopped nuts or additional sea salt for extra flavor and texture.
These tarts are perfect for special occasions or as a special treat for yourself or your loved ones. They’re easy to make and taste amazing, so why not give them a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Whipped cream
- Chopped nuts
- Additional sea salt
Here’s how to make chocolate salted caramel tarts:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 4-6 individual tart pans or one 9-inch tart pan. Use a flat-bottomed glass to press the mixture down firmly and evenly.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter over medium heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled crust(s), spreading it out into an even layer.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top of the caramel layer.
- Bake the tarts for 10-12 minutes, or until the caramel is bubbly and the chocolate is set.
- Let the tarts cool to room temperature before serving.
- Optional: top with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or additional sea salt before serving.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate salted caramel tarts!