Banana Pudding Brownies: A Fusion of Sweet Delights
Banana Pudding Brownies are a delectable fusion of classic banana pudding and rich, chocolatey brownies. This dessert combines the creamy, comforting flavors of banana pudding with the fudgy goodness of brownies, resulting in a treat that’s simply irresistible. Whether you’re a fan of banana desserts or a chocolate lover at heart, these brownies will satisfy all your cravings in one sweet bite. Join us as we explore the recipe for Banana Pudding Brownies and embark on a journey of indulgence.
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For the Banana Pudding Layer:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
For Garnish (Optional):
- Sliced bananas
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- Additional whipped topping
Prepare the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted unsalted butter and granulated sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Be careful not to overbake. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan.
Prepare the Banana Pudding Layer: 8. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed ripe bananas and the instant banana pudding mix.
- Gradually add the cold milk while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Whisk until the mixture thickens, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping until the banana pudding layer is smooth and well combined.
Assemble the Banana Pudding Brownies: 11. Once the brownies have cooled completely, spread the banana pudding mixture evenly over the brownie layer.
- Garnish the top with sliced bananas, crushed vanilla wafers, and additional whipped topping if desired.
- Refrigerate the Banana Pudding Brownies for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the pudding layer to set.
Slice and Serve: 14. Use a sharp knife to cut the chilled brownies into squares.
- Serve and enjoy these delightful Banana Pudding Brownies as a unique and satisfying dessert.
- You can adjust the level of sweetness by using more or less sugar in the brownie layer.
- To enhance the banana flavor, you can add a small amount of banana extract to the banana pudding layer.
- For a fun twist, you can sprinkle crushed peanut butter cups or chopped nuts on top of the banana pudding layer.
- Leftover brownies should be stored in the refrigerator due to the banana pudding layer. Enjoy them within a few days.
Banana Pudding Brownies bring together the best of both worlds with their rich, chocolatey brownie base and creamy banana pudding layer. This dessert is a delightful fusion of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds craving more. So, follow this recipe, whip up your own batch of Banana Pudding Brownies, and indulge in the sweet combination of banana and chocolate in every blissful bite.