What is Taco Pasta & How Can You Make it?
Taco pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make Mexican-inspired dish that combines the flavors of ground beef or turkey, pasta, and taco seasoning. This one-dish meal is perfect for a quick and satisfying dinner that the whole family will love.
To make the best taco pasta, start by browning the ground beef or turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the meat is cooked through, add in diced onions and peppers, garlic, and a packet of taco seasoning. Stir to combine and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
Next, add in a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir well and let the mixture simmer for a few more minutes. Then, add in cooked pasta of your choice, such as penne or rotini, and stir until well combined.
Finally, top the dish with shredded cheese, sliced jalapenos, and any other toppings you desire. Bake the dish in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Taco pasta is a great dish to make ahead of time and reheat for leftovers. It’s also a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking by adding in different veggies or toppings. Give it a try for an easy and flavorful dinner tonight!
How to Make an Amazing Taco Pasta in Just 20 minutes!
Looking to take your taco pasta to the next level? The secret ingredient for the best ever taco pasta dish is cream cheese!
Adding cream cheese to your taco pasta gives it a creamy and indulgent texture that takes this classic dish to a whole new level. Here’s how to make the best ever taco pasta dish with cream cheese:
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked pasta (such as penne or rotini)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Shredded cheese, sliced jalapenos, and any other toppings you desire
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set it aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef or turkey until it’s fully cooked.
- Add the taco seasoning to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to the skillet, and stir well.
- Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the cream cheese to the skillet and stir until it’s fully melted and combined with the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, and stir until the pasta is fully coated with the sauce.
- Top the dish with shredded cheese, sliced jalapenos, and any other toppings you desire.
- Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt for a few minutes, until it’s fully melted and bubbly.
- Serve the taco pasta immediately and enjoy!
By adding cream cheese to your taco pasta, you’ll give it a rich and creamy flavor that’s sure to please both kids and adults alike. Plus, it’s a delicious twist on classic taco recipes that’s easy to make and sure to become a new family favorite.