S’more Cups: A Sweet Twist on a Classic Campfire Treat
Bring the Campfire Flavor Indoors with These Irresistible Treats
S’mores are a beloved camping tradition, but you don’t need a campfire to enjoy their delicious combination of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. S’more Cups take all the flavors you love about s’mores and turn them into bite-sized treats that you can make right in your kitchen. These delightful cups are perfect for gatherings, parties, or simply satisfying your sweet tooth. Let’s dive into this recipe and create a batch of S’more Cups that will transport you to a cozy campfire, no matter where you are.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Marshmallow Filling:
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate)
For Garnish (Optional):
- Additional mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed graham crackers
1. Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make the Graham Cracker Crust:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated with the butter and the mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Press into Muffin Cups:
- Place about a tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture into each mini muffin cup. Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to firmly press the crumbs down to form a crust in each cup.
4. Add Marshmallows and Chocolate:
- Place 3-4 mini marshmallows on top of the graham cracker crust in each muffin cup.
- Next, add a generous pinch of milk chocolate chips on top of the marshmallows.
5. Bake and Melt:
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes, or until the marshmallows have puffed up and turned golden brown.
- As soon as you remove the S’more Cups from the oven, you can garnish them with additional mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, or crushed graham crackers for a more authentic s’mores appearance.
7. Cool and Enjoy:
- Allow the S’more Cups to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This helps the marshmallows set.
8. Serve and Share:
- Arrange your S’more Cups on a serving platter and watch them disappear as your friends and family savor the flavors of this campfire classic in bite-sized form.
Tips and Variations:
Customizing Your S’more Cups
- For easy removal from the muffin tin, you can use silicone mini muffin cups instead of paper liners.
- If you don’t have mini marshmallows, you can cut regular-sized marshmallows into smaller pieces.
- Experiment with different types of chocolate. Try dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even peanut butter cups for unique flavor twists.
- Add a drop of vanilla extract to the graham cracker crust mixture for a hint of extra flavor.
- Get creative with your garnishes. You can drizzle melted chocolate over the tops or sprinkle them with colored sugar for a festive touch.
- Store any leftover S’more Cups in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. They may lose some of their crispness over time, but they’ll still be delicious.
- S’more Cups capture all the nostalgic flavors of traditional s’mores in a convenient and shareable form. Whether you’re serving them at a summer barbecue, a holiday party, or simply enjoying them with a glass of milk, these bite-sized treats are sure to bring smiles and memories of cozy campfires. Enjoy the magic of s’mores without the need for a campfire, and share the sweetness with your loved ones!