Are you looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe that can be made in a slow cooker? Look no further than this slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes recipe! With juicy chicken, tender potatoes, and a flavorful garlic parmesan sauce, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, parmesan cheese, melted butter, minced garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chopped potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken and potatoes, making sure to coat everything evenly.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Once the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Stir the chicken and potatoes together in the slow cooker to ensure they are fully coated in the garlic parmesan sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle fresh parsley over the top of the chicken and potatoes before serving.
This slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want a tasty and satisfying meal without a lot of fuss. The combination of juicy chicken, tender potatoes, and rich garlic parmesan sauce is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So give this recipe a try and enjoy!
Here are a few tips to help make your slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes even more delicious:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best results. You can also use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Make sure to chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- If you want to make this recipe even more flavorful, you can add in some chopped onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the slow cooker along with the chicken and potatoes.
- To make the garlic parmesan sauce extra creamy, you can add in a half cup of heavy cream or half and half at the end of the cooking time. Just stir it in until it is fully combined with the sauce.
- For a crispy texture, you can transfer the chicken and potatoes to a baking sheet and broil them in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe can also be made in an Instant Pot. Simply follow the same instructions, but cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure when the cooking time is up.
With these tips, you’ll be able to create a slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes dish that is sure to impress. Enjoy!