Savor Every Bite: Leftover Stuffing Patties – A Delicious Post-Feast Treat
After a hearty holiday feast, there’s always one thing that seems to multiply in the refrigerator—leftover stuffing. Rather than reheating the same dish, let’s transform those leftover stuffing morsels into a delectable delight: Leftover Stuffing Patties. This recipe not only reduces food waste but also elevates your post-holiday dining experience. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through crafting these golden, crispy patties, perfect for brunch, as a side, or even in a sandwich. Prepare to savor the flavor of your stuffing leftovers in a whole new way.
To create Leftover Stuffing Patties, gather these simple ingredients:
2 cups leftover stuffing
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (sage, thyme, and rosemary work well)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cooking oil for frying
1. Prep the Stuffing: Begin by taking the leftover stuffing and placing it in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add Fresh Herbs and Cheese: To enhance the flavor, incorporate the finely chopped fresh herbs and the grated Parmesan cheese into the stuffing. Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Form Patties: Scoop up a handful of the mixture and form it into a patty shape. The size is up to you; you can make them smaller for appetizers or larger for a main course.
4. Coat with Flour: Dredge each stuffing patty in all-purpose flour. This will give them a nice, crispy exterior when cooked.
5. Prepare the Egg Wash: In a separate bowl, whisk the two large eggs. Dip each patty into the egg wash, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
6. Season and Fry: Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the patties into the skillet. Season them with salt and black pepper.
7. Fry to Golden Perfection: Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they turn a beautiful golden brown and become crispy. You may need to work in batches.
8. Drain and Serve: Transfer the cooked patties to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.
If your leftover stuffing contains meat like turkey or sausage, you can include it in the patties for extra protein and flavor.
Customize the fresh herbs to match the flavors of your original stuffing.
Make a vegetarian version by adding finely chopped sautéed mushrooms or roasted vegetables.
Create a sweet and savory twist by incorporating crumbled cooked bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Keto Version For a keto-friendly twist on Leftover Stuffing Patties, replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour or coconut flour for coating. Ensure your leftover stuffing is keto-compliant or modify it accordingly. With these adjustments, you can enjoy the delicious taste of leftover stuffing while adhering to a keto diet.
Low-Carb Version To make a low-carb variation, swap out the all-purpose flour for a low-carb flour alternative like almond flour or coconut flour. Ensure your leftover stuffing aligns with your low-carb goals or modify it to fit your dietary preferences. This way, you can savor the flavors of your stuffing leftovers while keeping your carb intake in check.
Leftover Stuffing Patties are a delightful way to reinvent your post-holiday meals. These golden, crispy bites are not only a delicious treat but also a clever way to make the most of your leftovers. Whether served at brunch, as a side dish, or in a sandwich, these patties offer a fresh take on the familiar flavors of stuffing. Elevate your leftovers and savor every bite with this simple and flavorful recipe.