Extra Creamy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup: A Bowl of Comfort
When it comes to comfort food, a warm and creamy soup is hard to beat. If you’re a fan of classic cheeseburgers, you’re in for a treat with our Extra Creamy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup. This recipe takes all the savory, cheesy goodness of a burger and transforms it into a hearty, soul-soothing soup. As it simmers in your slow cooker, the aroma will fill your home with anticipation. So, gather your ingredients and prepare to savor a bowl of comfort like no other.
For the Soup:
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions or chives for garnish (optional)
Brown the Beef:
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until it’s no longer pink. Break it into crumbles as it cooks. Once done, drain any excess fat.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, and minced garlic to the skillet with the beef. Sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Slow Cook the Soup: 3. In your slow cooker, combine the cooked beef and vegetable mixture with the diced potatoes and chicken or beef broth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Create the Creamy Base: 5. In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Stir in the all-purpose flour to create a roux, and cook for a few minutes until it’s lightly golden.
- Slowly add the whole milk to the roux, whisking constantly until it thickens and becomes smooth.
- Once the roux mixture is thickened, add it to the slow cooker, stirring to combine with the soup.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, ketchup, and mustard to the slow cooker, stirring until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy and well mixed.
Serve and Garnish: 9. Ladle the Extra Creamy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup into bowls.
- If desired, garnish each serving with sliced green onions or chives.
- This soup is highly customizable. You can add your favorite cheeseburger toppings like pickles, bacon, or jalapeños for extra flavor.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, use an immersion blender to blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat gently on the stovetop.
- Crumbled bacon or croutons make great additional toppings for this soup.
Extra Creamy Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup is like a warm and comforting hug in a bowl. It captures all the flavors of your favorite cheeseburger and transforms them into a creamy, soul-satisfying soup. Whether you’re enjoying it on a chilly evening or savoring it as a hearty meal, this soup is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.