Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini: A Savory and Satisfying Dish
Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini is a delightful and nutritious dish that celebrates the flavors of fresh zucchini and the creamy tang of goat cheese. This crustless version of the classic quiche is not only easier to prepare but also gluten-free, making it suitable for a variety of dietary preferences. Whether you’re serving it for brunch, lunch, or dinner, this savory quiche will impress your taste buds and leave you craving more. Join us as we dive into the recipe for Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini and discover a delectable and wholesome meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk, 2%, or a dairy-free alternative)
- 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or extra olive oil for greasing
Prepare the Zucchini:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until it becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the thinly sliced zucchini to the skillet. Sauté for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the zucchini slices soften and become slightly golden. Remove from heat and let them cool slightly.
Preheat the Oven: 4. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish or quiche pan with cooking spray or a light coating of olive oil.
Prepare the Quiche Mixture: 5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Stir in the crumbled goat cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil (or dried basil), salt, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the sautéed zucchini and onion to the egg mixture and gently fold them in.
Bake the Crustless Quiche: 8. Pour the quiche mixture into the greased pie dish or quiche pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the quiche is set and the top is lightly golden. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center; it should come out clean when the quiche is done.
- Once cooked, remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve and Enjoy: 11. Slice the Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini into wedges or squares.
- Serve it warm as a delightful brunch, lunch, or dinner option.
- You can customize this quiche with other vegetables like spinach, bell peppers, or mushrooms for added flavor and variety.
- Feel free to experiment with different herbs and seasonings to suit your taste. Thyme, rosemary, or oregano can also complement the flavors nicely.
- For a bit of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the egg mixture.
- This quiche can be served hot or at room temperature and makes a great dish for picnics or potlucks.
- Leftover slices of quiche can be refrigerated and reheated in the oven or microwave.
Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini is a savory and satisfying dish that celebrates the fresh flavors of zucchini and the creamy goodness of goat cheese. Whether you enjoy it for brunch, lunch, or dinner, this quiche offers a delightful combination of textures and tastes that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. So, follow this recipe, whip up your Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese and Zucchini, and savor the wholesome goodness it brings to your table.