Creamy Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine: A Flavorful Italian Delight
When it comes to satisfying your pasta cravings, nothing quite compares to the creamy, dreamy indulgence of Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine. This Italian classic is a symphony of flavors, featuring tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, and silky fettuccine enveloped in a rich, creamy sauce. In this blog post, we’ll share the recipe for this mouthwatering dish, perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. Whether you’re a fan of classic recipes or looking for keto and low-carb options, Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine is a versatile crowd-pleaser that will delight your taste buds.
To prepare this delectable Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Fettuccine:
8 oz fettuccine pasta
2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for a slight kick)
1. Cook the Fettuccine: Begin by cooking the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté the Chicken and Mushrooms: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until they’re browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. In the same skillet, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until they become tender and browned. Stir in the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
3. Make the Creamy Sauce: In the same skillet, melt the butter. Stir in the all-purpose flour to create a roux. Cook the roux for a minute or two until it’s light golden in color. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, dried thyme, and red pepper flakes (if using). Simmer and stir until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy.
4. Combine the Ingredients: Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Add the cooked fettuccine pasta. Gently toss everything together until it’s well coated with the luscious sauce.
5. Serve and Garnish: Plate your Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Don’t overcook the fettuccine; it should be al dente as it will continue to cook briefly in the sauce.
For added depth of flavor, deglaze the skillet with white wine after cooking the mushrooms, allowing the alcohol to evaporate before adding the garlic.
Enhance the dish with additional ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, or roasted red peppers.
Try different types of mushrooms, such as shiitake or cremini, for unique flavor profiles.
Keto Version For a keto-friendly Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine, replace the fettuccine with zucchini noodles (zoodles). Use almond flour or coconut flour in place of all-purpose flour for the creamy sauce. Ensure your chicken broth and heavy cream have no added sugars. This keto version captures the creamy essence of the classic while keeping the carb count low.
Low-Carb Version To create a low-carb adaptation, use spiralized zucchini or spaghetti squash instead of fettuccine. Substitute all-purpose flour in the sauce with almond flour or coconut flour. Make sure your chicken broth and heavy cream are low in carbs. This version offers all the creamy goodness of Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine with a low-carb twist.
Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine is a celebration of Italian flavors, offering a creamy, indulgent experience that’s simply irresistible. Whether you’re enjoying the classic version or opting for a keto or low-carb variation, this dish captures the essence of comfort food. Gather your ingredients, embrace the flavors of Italy, and savor the delights of Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine at your own table.