There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns, but sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to go through the whole process of making them from scratch. That’s where this Cinnamon Bun Cake in the Oven comes in! It’s a simple and delicious recipe that captures all the flavor and warmth of traditional cinnamon buns, but with a fraction of the effort. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the recipe and provide some tips and tricks to help you make the perfect Cinnamon Bun Cake every time.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Stir until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a tough cake.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle a generous layer of cinnamon sugar over the batter. You can use store-bought cinnamon sugar or make your own by combining cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar layer.
- Sprinkle another layer of cinnamon sugar on top of the batter.
- Use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the cinnamon sugar throughout the batter. Be careful not to overmix, as this can cause the cinnamon sugar to sink to the bottom of the cake.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a pastry brush to evenly distribute the cinnamon sugar layers. This will help ensure that the cinnamon sugar is evenly distributed throughout the cake and won’t sink to the bottom.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a tough cake that doesn’t rise properly. To prevent this, mix the batter until it is just combined.
- Use high-quality cinnamon for the best flavor. The cinnamon is the star of the show in this recipe, so be sure to use a good quality cinnamon for the best results.
- Add some chopped nuts or raisins to the cake for extra flavor and texture. These can be added to the cinnamon sugar layers or sprinkled on top of the cake before baking.
- Serve the cake warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of glaze for an extra special treat.
In conclusion, this Cinnamon Bun Cake in the Oven is a delicious and easy recipe that’s perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic baking skills, you can create a cake that’s bursting with cinnamon flavor and sure to please everyone at the table. So go ahead and give this recipe a try, and let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Here are a few more tips and variations to help you customize and perfect your Cinnamon Bun Cake in the Oven:
- Use a bundt pan for a more traditional cinnamon bun look. Instead of using a 9×13 inch baking dish, you can use a bundt pan to create a cake that looks just like a giant cinnamon bun. Simply layer the cinnamon sugar and batter as directed in the recipe, then bake in a greased bundt pan for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Swap out the cinnamon for other spices. If you’re not a big fan of cinnamon, you can experiment with other warm spices like nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger. Use the same amount of spice as you would cinnamon, and adjust to taste.
- Make it gluten-free. If you’re following a gluten-free diet, you can still enjoy this delicious cake by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of the regular flour. Look for a blend that’s specifically designed for baking, and make sure it contains xanthan gum (or add it separately) to help the cake rise and hold its shape.
- Add a cream cheese frosting. If you really want to take this cake to the next level, you can top it with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting. Simply beat together 4 oz softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy. Spread over the cooled cake and enjoy!
- Freeze leftovers for later. If you have any leftover cake, you can freeze it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Simply thaw at room temperature before serving, or reheat in the microwave for a warm and comforting treat.
We hope these tips and variations help you make the perfect Cinnamon Bun Cake in the Oven. This recipe is truly versatile and can be adapted to suit any taste or dietary preference. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, this cake is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. So don’t be afraid to experiment and make it your own!